Friday, September 18, 2015

Pre First Homework Reading

A few pages into this reading, I realized it was pretty dry, and I worried about focusing on and learning all 48 pages. So I used the tactic I've been using since high school. I got out some nail polish. My strategy with a boring book has always been to give myself a good manicure so that I'm stuck in one spot for a while waiting for it to dry. That's a perfect time to knock out some reading. At the end of about 45 minutes, I have successfully accomplished two things: a perfect smudge-free manicure and a completed reading assignment.


All done. The good news is that there were 18 and a half pages of notes and citations. What I thought was 48 pages of reading was really only 30. More good news is that the article was dense but informative, outlining and detailing the history of Rhetoric and Composition as a field of study. Tomorrow I'll review the reading again and write my weekly reflection. Nails look great, right?

For my own reference, here is our class website.

No comments:

Post a Comment